We are giving young people in the local area a chance to win a new bike by writing a poem or rap.
What can I write about?
We want a poem or rap that tells us something about being warm in winter, whether it is about feeling cosy by a fire, wearing your favourite winter coat or dancing about in the cold to keep warm. You can write about anything you want on the subject matter but here are some ideas to get you started:
- Your favourite winter clothes
- Keeping warm when you are out in the cold
- Feeling cosy when it is cold outside
- How you can keep warm in winter
- Why it’s important to keep warm in winter
- What is good and what is bad about winter
- How animals or birds keep warm in the winter months
You can choose whether your poem is funny or sad or rhyming or not. We would particularly like to receive poems with pictures to illustrate them.
- You must write a poem or rap about why about being warm in winter
- You must be aged 16 or under at the time of writing the poem
- Your submitted poem must be your own, original writing
- Only one poem per person may be submitted
- Please try to keep your poem under 20 lines
- The deadline is 1st December 2015; any entries after this date will not be counted
The poems will be judged in three categories:
- Children aged 8 or under
- Children aged 9 to 11
- Children aged 12 to 16
The poems/raps will be judged by a local writer and Dr Jane Davis, Director of City of Readers and founder of The Reader Organisation thereader.org.uk
There will be one prize of vouchers to buy a brand new bike (and helmet) in each of the categories, which will go to the writer of the poem that the judge(s) decide to be the best of those submitted.
Sending in your poem/rap
If you'd like to enter the competition, please email your poem to firstname.lastname@example.org or send them to Jane Roberts, Villages Housing Association, 16 The Croft, Stockbridge Village, Liverpool, L28 1NR.
When submitting your entry, please remember to include the following things:
- The poem/rap
- Your name, age, address, telephone number and email address. You must also give us the name of your parent or guardian
- If you are applying through a school please give us your teacher’s name along with the name, address, email address
- and telephone number of your school
- All entries must be received by 1st December 2015
We hope that you have fun writing your poems and look forward to reading them!
Posted 2:40 PM | Permalink